We partner with your HR Team to develop compelling health and wellness communications that resonate with employees and result in improved ROI.
An urban municipal employer with 5,000 employees eligible for a health and wellness program wanted to maximize the number of collective bargaining groups that would opt into the program.
The one-year-old program tied reduced medical contributions to employee compliance with a health-risk assessment, biometric screening and other requirements. The employer wanted to maintain respectable health risk assessment/screening participation in years two through five, while reducing top health risks, and improving employee education and engagement.
Benefits Plus Consulting Solution
- Assessed employee needs and preferences, and created a short and long-term wellness action plan to spend limited budget on areas of highest impact and results.
- Shared best practices and guidance on a wellness program that would align with business goals and employee needs.
- Created a communications strategy to launch a celebrity-endorsed weight management plan, popular with peer employers.
- Conducted employee focus groups and a survey to gather data on employee perceptions, needs and preferences regarding wellness benefits, program incentives, coaching, disease management and well portal and communications.
- Developed pre and post-survey manager and employee communication.
- Delivered recommended actions based on focus group and survey results: high impact/low-cost suggestions with a focus on education and outreach.
- Briefed HR and benefits managers to build understanding and buy-in.
- Created and distributed a series of wellness newsletters, promoting onsite educational activities and seminars, covering fitness to health management.
- Designed a “best practice” executive friendly wellness and disease management dashboard to track critical measures of success.
- Participated in wellness/disease management vendor stewardship meetings to ensure maximized use of contracted services.
Benefits Plus Consulting was retained through a contract renewal and continues to work with this client assuming the responsibility for the design of a 45-page Employee Benefits Guide that includes all of the benefits programs for this municipal employer. The Guide now serves as a prototype that has earned the accolades of many internal stakeholders, and sets the standard for future employee communications.
Case studies presented are not indicative of all client experience with Benefits Plus Consulting Group, Inc. Each client has unique circumstances and the case studies presented are only meant to illustrate common issues encountered by our clients and the methodology we follow. Case studies presented should not be interpreted as a guarantee of future success.