Norma Romero-Mitchell, Founder & CEO of Benefits Plus Consulting Group, Inc. has made it her mission to empower women, entrepreneurs and professionals build wealth, preserve their legacies and achieving their ideal financial prosperity.
BPCG was born from Norma’s desire to educate underserved communities to foster a new culture of savings and investment that would promote wealth building and lead to economic empowerment & parity.
A native New Yorker and Cornell graduate, Norma left successful careers on Wall Street and executive positions in the insurance industry to found BPCG in 1993 and become an active member of the Philadelphia community.
Her extensive experience in the areas of financial planning, employee benefits consulting, and investment management programs has attracted private clients, high growth businesses and municipal and corporate entities. Throughout her tenure as CEO, Norma has always made the needs of diverse, multi-cultural workforces and retiree populations targeted priorities.
Norma’s extensive volunteer work gives ample evidence of her commitment to “giving back” to the community. She also serves as a role model and mentor for youth to consider a nontraditional field as a career goal by offering paid year-round internship opportunities to college students.
Norma’s Past Awards & Honors:
- Chairman’s & Leadership Awards 2010- formerly Minority Supplier Development Council of PA-NJ-DE; now Eastern Minority Supplier Development Council “EMSDC”
- Pennsylvania Best 50 Women in Business 2007
For more information, visit https://www.pabusinesscentral.com/fifty-to-follow/
- Women of Distinction Award 2007
For more information, visit https://www.nccwsl.org/about/women-of-distinction/
- The Women's Business Enterprise National Council, commonly referred to as WBENC, is the leading authority on and certifying organization for women's business enterprises (WBEs) in the U.S. and U.S. territories.
- The National Minority Supplier Development Council advances business opportunities for certified minority business enterprises and connects them to corporate members.
- IARFC Ethics Approved Seal 2020